Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Thankful Tuesday: Salamat "Manos"


The first week of April went by soo fast. That week was the first week of me being a full time housewife (haha) which I don't think I mind so much now. Ok, sometimes, I still cringe when I think about it. :p I got bored at times but this was the first time after 3 months of living together, that I actually got to take care of Jhopet (a little :p).

It's really been a scary rollercoaster ride, this marriage thing. I have no idea how to do simple chores let alone be responsible for a whole household. Eh kasi hindi ko pa naman natry gumawa ng gawaing bahay, consistently dati. Blame it to my parents who never really forced us to do chores at home. (joke lang!, I blame my lazy and prinsesa self for it) So, this needs a lot of practice for me and patience for Jhopet when I fail to do things properly.  All of which we kinda do in baby steps (hehehe)

If I were to choose one thing that I enjoy doing at home, I would definitely choose- cooking. I love how all my senses work together when I cook. Colors popping out of the plates, aroma all over the house and all those rich tastes in my mouth as I sample each of them. Cooking is really much like a preschool activity, definitely targets lots of skills :)

                                                   Look at all those colors on my salad :)


                  After substituting ingredients, the tonkatsu sauce tasted pretty much ok :)



This eggplant omelette reminded me so much of lolo's cooking at home.


Perfected the heart-shape egg this week too! :)

Of course, after all the cooking, washing the dishes, and cleaning the house (ehem, para akong nagthreadmill sa pagpopolish ng floor :p), my hands neeeded some extra love. At shempre nagfifeeling akong madami akong hinugasan na plato. :p

 I turned to trusty Mr. Google and searched for a new nail salon in Bonifacio Global City. After few more clicks, I stumbled upon this place called "Manos" which is the spanish term for hands. I was attracted by the pretty nail arts on their site and how they use organic products on their spa services. I also love the fact that they train women from Gawad Kalinga as their attendants. Helping them out for regular income. They also feature some of them on their website, giving enough recognition to the people who really keep the shop open and running. Dun palang plus points na sila sa akin.



So, Jhops and I decided to check the place out the next day (Ok, I kinda forced him to check it out with me because I know he'll love some pamper time too. :)) We were welcomed by a friendly attendant at the front desk. She smilingly gave her suggestions as to what treatment and nail polish brands we should get. At nakatagal sya sa kakulitan ko. That's another plus points. :p

I love the welcome area where clients can also order drinks and cocktails while having their mani-pedi.



I finally decided to have a Manos Classic Manicure (200 php) which according to their site is  
like a classic LBD, a little luxury never goes out of style soak • clean • express massage • polish or buff 

and got Manos Signature Spa with Pedicure (440 php) a crisp and clean mixture, infusing skin with antioxidants and anti-aging agents, that leaves you feeling more refreshed.  It uses green tea • lemongrass


Jhops had his Awakening Spa (440 Php) the spicy mints and sharp coffee create a combination that cools down tired muscles and stimulates blood circulation for an invigorating spa experience. Uses eucalyptus • peppermint • barako coffe  

Further inside, the place screams love for nature with wooden and natural pieces adorning the salon. I chose to sit in the coach area because it looks so cozy and girly which is kinda my default choice.



The attendants were all very careful during the process and were all accommodating, even laughing at Jhopet's out of this world jokes. We really had a relaxing morning, exchanging stories while listening to the slow music as we had our treatments.



I was really excited to try the nail dryer. Sorry na at first timer. It really did make a big difference as I noticed that there were no bubbles on my newly painted nails when they dried up.



I love this place and my hands and feet love it too :) With the warm cozy interiors and excellent service (and all the other plus points :p) this is definitely an added item to my "Happy Place" list.
Go check the place out too, if you need some quality pamper time. :)






MANOS Nail Lounge
Unit 2-I Crescent Park Residences, 30th St. Cor. 2nd Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig 1634Tels. (02) 478-4057 and  (0917)315-6627
Email: info@ManosNailLounge.com 

No comments: